Nintendo brings Personal Telepresence to your Living Room
Nintendo and Vidyo announced that the new Nintendo Wii U console will support the Telepresence technology from Vidyo. Users will be able to use their Nintendo Wii U now to make video calls to other players. This Telepresence solution was introduced in November under the name “Wii U Chat” (Video attached below).
The scope of service will be first for point-to-point connections only but it perhaps this can be enhanced to a multi-site-call, similar to the Google Hangout, in the future. This is the first step of bringing enterprise grade Telepresence technology into the homes of families and not only into an enterprise boardroom. This is an important step for Vidyo to take and shows again the success and potential of software-based Telepresence solutions as well as the importance of BYOD. We are excited about this news and hope we see new revelations in the market of Telepresence solutions for consumers soon.
Product presentation with Satoru Iwata & Reggie Fils-Aime
Latest posts by Tobias Enders (see all)
- Innovative Technologies for Investor Relations - July 16, 2013
- What is Telemedicine? - June 25, 2013
- Video Conference Services for Banks of the Future - June 20, 2013
- What you need to know about Job Interviews via Video Conference - May 31, 2013
- Why ITIL is such a Crucial Criterion for Video Conference Managed Services - April 18, 2013
This post is also available in: German