Low Budget Telepresence for Your Tablet
Revolve Robotics to turn your tablet into a Telepresence device soon?
The sleek design and the wide range of possible applications for Kubi allows you to use it as personal Telepresence device for the home office as well as it could provide a low-budget Telepresence solution to small to medium-sized meeting rooms.
Who is Revolve Robotics?
How to get it?
Kubi is currently available for pre-order at indiegogo.com for the price of $199 instead of the targeted retail price of $249. As this is a new product you may also support the Revolve Robotics start-up and the Kubi tablet stand on the very same web page.
What can it be used with?
Kubi is designed and tested to work with the Apple tablet line-up (e.g. iPad3, iPad4 and iPad mini) but it is said to be basically compatible with every device that supports Bluetooth 4.0 as well. An iOS app is currently on the way as per developers and an Android solution is planned to be completed in the future as well.
Technically this would include newer smartphones as well, however the current Kubi model does not have arms small enough to hold the device properly. Perhaps Revolve Robotics will surprise us in the future with a solution that concentrates entirely on smartphones and similar devices.
How does it look like?
Product designs like the Kubi and start-ups like Revolve Robotics indicate that both Telepresence technology as well as BYOD is not just a trend in the market. The applications and the hardware might change but at least two things are clear:
- Telepresence (a.k.a. Video Conferencing) is here to stay
- Enterprise and consumer technology will continue to merge
That much being said I am looking forward to hear more from Kubi as well as from the start-up company Revolve Robotics and wish them all the best for the release of their high-tech tablet stand.
The Introduction of Kubi
Latest posts by Christopher Isak (see all)
- Introduction to Session Border Controllers - September 25, 2013
- Raffle – 100 Articles on Telepresence24.com - September 25, 2013
- What is “the Cloud”? And what is it not? - July 26, 2013
- iRobot Ava 500: Next-Gen Telepresence Roll-About - June 27, 2013
- China Taking Video Conferencing One Step Further: TeleEducation from Space - June 21, 2013